We have read or taught that that if we want to look be creative, we have to be illogical, or when we hit mental block, just do nothing about it, and also don’t listen to others too much, right?
Interestingly, author of “Thinkertoys”, Michael Michalko has come out with eight paradoxes of creativity:
To be creative, a person must:
1. Have knowledge but forget the knowledge
2. See unexpected connections in things but not have a mental disorder
3. Work hard but spend time doing nothing
4. Create many ideas yet most of them are useless
5. Look at the same thing as everyone else, yet see something different
6. Desire success but learn how to fail
7. Be persistent but not stubborn
8. Listen to experts but know how to disregard them.
Comments are closed.